The S&P story begins as a small ice-cream and bakery parlour in Sukhumvit Soi 23.
New outlets opened in prime locations such as Siam Square, Central Plaza.
The Company's bakery factory was inaugurated, specialising in the production of fresh cakes, breads and quality baked goods to feed growing market demand.
- The Company's listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Investment in new outlet expansion.
First international branch opened in London.
Registered capital increased to current 300 million Baht.
Introduction of frozen, prepared S&P "Quick Meals"
S&P unveils Haagen-Dazs super-premium ice-cream to Thai consumers.
"Patara Fine Thai Cuisine" upscale dining is introduced to Singapore.
The S&P Home Delivery Service offers easy ordering via the 718-7000 hotline.
- The Company initiated a corporate restructuring, leading to the cessation of 4 subsidiaries' activities and the transfer of all subsequent operations to the parent company. The objective was to streamline organizational efficiency and flexibility.
- S&P also proudly celebrates 25 years of serving Thai consumers
- The new Lardkrabang frozen meals and sausage factory opens.
- The Bakery Factory is awarded Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification by the Ministry of Industry. HACCP recognition is a globally accepted production standard for the food industry and is an essential tool for securing credibility in foreign export market.
- The Company premiered a new restaurant brand : "Patio", featuring a contemporary take on Thai and international favourites, while expanding its network of "Patara" and "Siam Kitchen" restaurants overseas. The Geneva, Switzerland branch of "Patara Fine Thai Cuisine" opens to a warm reception.
S&P 's export products are awarded the prestigious "Thailand's Brand" mark from the Department of Export Promotion, the Commerce Ministry, Guaranteeing the quality and standards of S&P products in the world market.
- The Company's bakery production factory received GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certification for its production processes, while its laboratory facility gained the ISO-IEC 17025 certification. The latter award signified the attainment of production standards acknowledged by the Thai Industrial Standards Institute Ministry of Industry.
- The Company began to unveil "Blue Cup" coffee counters in S&P restaurants.
- Creating a new restaurant concept - "THAI" - especially for the Swiss market.
- The year the Company launched its line of popular "Delio" cookies and brought its
- "Patio" restaurant experience to diners in Taiwan .
- The Company expanded its Lardkrabang production facility with the acquisition of an adjacent factory for subsequent refitting and expansion of its frozen meals production capabilities.
- The birth of the trend setting "Vanilla Industry" restaurant and bakery concept for style aficionados.
- Opening of a bakery shop in a Kasikornbank branch. New products of note included the packaged ready-to-eat "Jelio" range of flavoured jellies.
- The food production line of the Lardkrabang factory was awarded HACCP certification from RWTUV ( Thailand ) for its frozen meal products and HACCP and Food Safety recognitions for vegetable products from the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives.
- The new bakery production factory on Bangna-Trat Road located at the 23.5 km. marker received GMP certification for several food product categories from the Thai Food and Drug Administration.
- The Company's restaurants also garnered official recognitions such as the "Clean Food, Good Taste" and "Food Safety" plaques for 70 of its restaurant and bakery branches by the Ministry of Public Health. A further 5 restaurant branches were awarded GMP certification by the Thai Industrial Standards Institute Ministry of Industry.
- To date, the Company has total paid-up capital of 374.27 million Baht.
2005 was a good year for restaurant expansion, with 1 new branch of Vanilla Industry and the opening of a “Grand Patio” in Taiwan . Also in the global marketplace, the London branch of “Patara” received the distinction of the PM Award 2005 (the Prime Minister's Export Award 2005 in the category of Best Service Provider. This underlined the Company's status as a pioneer of Thai restaurants abroad. The Company also received the “Superbrands Thailand 2005” award, recognizing S&P's favoured status as a “top of the mind” brandname amongst Thai consumers.
In 2006, Khun Patara Sila-On, the Company’s Chairman, had been selected as “The Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World 2006” which was an award credited and honored to business woman who accomplished outstanding benefits to business world and was well acceptance in society.
The bakery factory which produced cookie products became the first bakery business in Thailand to receive the ISO 22000:2005 certification. It also participated in the BRC (British Retail Consortium) quality system to qualify for exporting products to the UK market.
The food factory had been certified with “Thailand Number 1267” certificate from the Department of Fisheries for exporting frozen sea food products to the EU countries.
The Company had a joint venture partnership with Zanotti (Thailand) to establish S & Pizzanotti in conducting pizza home delivery service under the brand name “Pizzanotti” through telephone number 1344.